Happy (Whoops! Belated) Birthday, Bianca!!! (and a little about my history project)

I'm so sorry, guys! I guess you're going to have to let me off, since I've been busy - preparing my project for Peer Into the Past - the Manukau homeschool group's history fair. 

Happy Birthday, Bianca!
Oh, and did I mention that she's TWENTY!!!!???
Aaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!! How is this happening?!

So, I've been trying not to become stressed about the history fair. Partly it worked! Yay! 
I've been preparing and researching a project on Pandita Ramabai. 
She is a famous Indian lady, who wrote a few books, started a few missions, and helped a lot
with the education of women, and taught child-widows, small children who were the victims of the 
great famines in India.

Born to a Hindu family, she was orphaned at age 16, and went to England to get an education.
Coming back to India, she started up Sharada Sadan, Mukti Mission, and Kripa Sadan. 
She travelled all over India rescuing girls and women from critical situations, often at the risk of her own life!

Well, I had better go,

Danielle:)

Comments

Popular Posts