Kate's 13th Birthday Party!

A few Saturdays ago, most of my family drove down to Taupo for my friend's birthday party. I hadn't seen her (Kate) for at least 2 years, and before that, another couple of years. So it was pretty special to see her again!

Kate and I met at a conference. We were both drying dishes in the kitchen, and hit off talking and laughing while we were working. When we were done, we were disappointed that we had to go back to listen to the speakers and be quiet! Talking is just so much more fun! :P

So anyway, as I was saying, we went down to Taupo for her 13th birthday party! As we tried to figure out the right roads, and get there on time, it became pretty exciting. I mean, isn't it exciting turning down the road of your friend who you haven't seen for years?! I think it is. Every so often I would say, *fast intake of breath* "This is so exciting! I can't wait!"

At the party, we socialized, (really meaning awkward laughing and talking with equally embarrassed people you've never met), and then..... ate! Now, isn't that just the best part?! I'm going to go against true Jago style and not tell you what we ate. (Haha!) No, just kidding. We had burritos and corn chips, along with a delicious drink (according to Mum and Monique) that I didn't taste. Now I'm disappointed I didn't have it!

We had games after eating, (I think we had long enough to digest our food!), which were pretty fun although the ground was very slippery and everyone was slipping and sliding!

Lovin' the western saddle on the right!

I don't think that quite worked!

Bandits!!

::The Mommy gang::

Me, Mom, Monique

The girls - funny assortment!!

One of the games - Monique's a cowboy!

Waiting for a game to start.

Eating!! Or rather, after eating. Notice the satisfied look on everyone's faces?? :D

Driving back, we were all sleepy, which accounted for a little something that could have ended up in an accident... but that's another story!

Enjoy reading, 

Danielle :)

Note: I didn't take these photos; a couple of Kate's sisters did. :)



Comments

Popular Posts