This School Holidays...

Isn't it funny? The school holiday's end up being busier than the school term! These holidays are going to be very busy for my family.

This week, we would like to get the carpets cleaned, the motive for that is that Bianca's friend Bethany is coming over from Australia on Saturday, and staying until Wednesday morning. Or, in the middle of the night. So this week, we want to quickly get done all the things we need to get done in the school holidays before the friends come.

 Unfortunately for Bianca, she will leave on Friday this week for the Set Apart Girl Conference in Marton, so she will miss her friend for a few days, arriving back on Monday, and she may bring back another friend from Marton! All the kids are excited for this holidays, for them, play, relaxing, reading,ect. For us, cleaning, tidying, preparing, general house tidies....

Today Mum tidied the sewing area and most of the wall cabinet. It looks pretty good. I'm also supposed to be reading for my history project in July. Our homeschool group runs an annual history fair called Peer into the Past, and I think our family has participated from the beginning. I have done 6 projects so far! I have done them on Queen Elizabeth 1, Harriet Tubman, Florence Nightingale, Ancient Egypt, The Titanic, Queen Victoria, and this time I am stuck on two people, Isabella Alden and Pandita Ramabai. I think I may do one on Pandita Ramabai. Her story is sad, but in the end she impacts India in a wonderful way.

 Yesterday Dad asked me if I wanted to find a natural cleaning agent for his silver boxing trophies. I  said yes, and today I spent literally hours rubbing a baking soda-water paste onto a trophy. It mostly worked, but is still has a little tarnish on it.

 Also today, Monique and I planned all our meals for term 2. Bianca told us this idea, as the 4 oldest children in our family have a day each week that they are on dinner. My day is Monday. So I planned all the meals, wrote out the shopping lists, put them in a notebook ready to rip out and give to Mum the shopping trip before that dinner. I think it's a great idea.

On Saturday night, I decided to try putting coconut oil in my hair, since it has properties in helping hair grow, preventing head lice, making your hair denser.  Don't worry, I looked it up online first! I warmed up some of my coconut oil on the stove, put an old towel over my shoulders, and asked Mum to massage the coconut oil into my hair. She agreed, and so I spent the next few minutes with my head down, listening to Mum talk about how late it was, and how last minute I was. The internet recommends that you leave the oil in your hair overnight in a wrap, and then in the morning wash your hair with shampoo. I was going to wash my hair in the morning anyway, so that was fine. I was talking a lot about how great coconut oil is, and I got a few people to take some that was left from the pot, Mum to soften her knees, Dad to moisturize his dry hands, and Bianca for her hands. Then I heard Dad say what a budding young pharmacist I am!

Well, I think I should go now,
Danielle

Comments

Popular Posts