Grade 4 Recorder Exam


Well, I did my recorder grade 4 exam on Tuesday this week. Although this was my third exam, I was very nervous. (Diana also had an exam.) 

So we had a practice with our accompanist at our house before, because there was no practice piano at the venue. 

We left home, spent maybe 1/2 an hour on the road, and then arrived 1/2 hour early. So that gave me more time to become nervous! 

Anyway, I went into the practice room, and practised on my own. Mum said when I came out that the only thing about my practising that she would say was that I was practising too fast! My accompanist also said that she had been going to say that maybe we should play one piece a little faster, but when I came out that she had no doubt that I would have no trouble at all!

I got called, and so nervously walked to the exam room with the venue's owner. She recognised me, although I'd never been there before, but Bianca had. So she asked about Bianca, and recognised her name! Bianca's like, I don't remember her!!!!!

In the exam room, I played my pieces, although, because of my nerves, I had automatic swallowing coming in the way of my playing, so I don't know how I'll do.

Then came scales, and I only messed up on the D minor scale.

After that came sight-reading, which I think I did well at. (Maybe I just thought that because it was easy!)

Last of all came aural - which I'm not too good at. I sang back a phrase to the examiner, but had to make up the end - since I couldn't remember all of it.

Test 4B is sight-singing, which I think I did well at.
Test 4C has two segments, first I don't think I did well at, then the second is clapping the rhythm, and telling the time of the piece played. I don't think that went well either. Probably because I read people's expressions, and the examiner's wasn't too encouraging. 

I came out of the room after saying, "Thank you," and told Mum what I thought I was like. She was waiting, (nervously) for me, and kept saying that she thought Diana would be fine! (She does this when she's trying to convince herself.)

So I sat worrying with Mum, until we heard a CRASH!! followed by CRASH!!! and Diana came grinning out. After she told Monique, "I think I might have closed the doors too loudly!" 

Well, we then said good-bye and thank you to the venue's owner, and left. 

Unfortunately, we hadn't mapped out a route back home, so we sat in traffic for 1/2 to one hour, and lost ourselves more than a few times!

Anyway, that was my exam.

Danielle

Comments

  1. Danielle, shall i give my details to you for my exam? Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, that's fine.
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts