My Cat had Kittens!!

I think y'all know that I have a cat called Addee (Full name: Addallee Grace Jago).  And y'all most likely know that I named her after Addallee Bates, a 10-year-old girl who is the 15 child in a family of 21. The Bates live in America! (So no, I haven't met them!)

Addee isn't even 1 year old yet, but she had kittens 2 weeks and 2 days ago. It was on Mum's birthday, so Mum keeps joking that she had a lovely birthday present! Just so I remember, it was on the 21st of November.


Before dinner on Monday, (the 21st!), Addee was showing herself to be a bit restless, a sign that birth is getting closer. Mum took this hint, and started trying to hurry things so that we'd not be really busy when Addee gave birth, because we wanted to watch the birth. We ended up having dinner, and doing quite a few things before Addee went down the the bedroom (where her box is) and lay down. I just thought, 'Oh good! She's accepting her box!' We'd been trying to introduce her to the box for a while, and just keep putting her in it so she knew that's where she belonged for the birth. But then a little while later, Diana came and said, 'Danielle! I think Addee is going have her kittens!' So I was like, 'Yeahhh...' Diana had said that several times in the past few days... so I didn't take it for granted. But when I went down and checked on Addee, I realized that she was getting closer to birth. I told Mum, who agreed with me, (we had researched about how to know when a cat is about to go into labour) and we all tried to organise ourselves like this: Behind me are Monique and Bianca!



 



Addee had three kittens, and though they all looked black at birth, the first one is black with a white tummy, the second is black with a white mouth/moustache and tummy, and the third is a grey tabby. We don't know really, but we think the first is a girl, and the second and third are boys. 

Aren't the kittens sooo adorable? I'll have to post some newer pictures of them again soon.  
Anyway, the kittens are bigger now, and they're making so much noise when they want to! (Any of you who live close enough (!) should contact me and pop in to see them! You won't be disappointed!

Well, I should go now, considering it's 11:06 pm.  Why does time move so quickly??!

Hope y'all enjoy reading (and watching) this!

Danielle:)


Comments

Popular Posts