The American Civil War - A Poem

Hey Everyone! I haven't got a whole lot to say, so I thought I'd post a poem instead. ;) I wrote this poem a couple of years ago, and I haven't edited it since.

I hope y'all enjoy it!!

Danielle :)

The American Civil War

War is in rumours
of trouble with slaves,
The South wants its freedom
to decide all its ways.

Wives lose their husbands
brides lose their grooms,
Fiancée's lose intendeds,
as war closely looms.

Not all find it easy
although many serenely
Try to keep steady
while shouting "Be ready!"

Though going off quietly
acting along;
So as not to scare family,
but not for too long.

It cost them their lives.
War is a sad sentence,
of death or of torture
so bad none could choose.

Either horrible torture,
unbearable pain;
Or terrible death -
this comes with each claim.

The war is over,
all is lost!
Our men -  our family
at war's cruel cost.

Not one could forget it
this terrible time,
No matter how old
they were at the time.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts