Wenderholm Holiday:: Day 1

Last week Thursday, the Campbells from church and our family drove out to Wenderholm for a holiday. My family went first, as Dad skipped work that day. We packed up the food, and packed the de Bruin's trailer, and then packed the van. We drove for an hour, and then arrived at Wenderholm Regional Park. We  parked in the hot sun, decided where we wanted our tents to be, and where the common place would be. We then at lunch under the shade of some tree's and I read while they set up the tent. Then I helped set up the camping bunks, and got everything of mine and set up the space which Monique and I bagsed for ourselves. We did want a devider between Diana and ourselves, but after experimenting with a thick wool blanket, we decided we would remember it for next time...
We were just finishing setting up our beds and space when the Campbells arrived, and funnily enough all work stopped for a while... Until they decided they had better get their tent up, and since our family was on dinner that night for everyone, we needed to go shopping for supplies for Butter Chicken. So off Monique and Dad went, out to Orewa. We talked walked, and finally had dinner, which went down well. After looking for one of the Campbell's helicopters, we went for a walk to the beach, and then along the whole beach. My shoe rubbed, so now I have a scab on my left foot. It was pitch black walking about more than 1 km back to camp, I think. My friend Rachel hurt herself, causing a bruise, but otherwise she was fine. We finally arrived back at camp, then got ready for bed, and then the adults had a cup of tea while I had to put Maria and Laura to sleep. (And nearly fell asleep myself on the floor!) I slept okay that night. I think that's all for that day.. hopefully pictures will follow!
Danielle

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts