Wenderholm Holiday :: Day 3

The morning of the last day we were to be at Wenderholm, I got up early, and talked. I think we played a game with Rachel, called Top Trumps: Ponies and Horses, for a while. We ate breakfast, and had worship. I think Diana, Rachel, and I did the dishes, and then packed up. My Bible was wet, from my drink bottle:( The pages are still wrinkled. We knew we were going to the beach for lunch, and some of us who did not get to go back in the day before were hoping to go in after lunch. We decided that we probably would not go in the water, since we were all packed up. The older girls were really disappointed, but we thought we might be able to go in quickly. We were all tired and a little sweaty from  the exertions of packing. We got into the van, and drove off to the beach. When we arrived, we each took some things with us, to lug to the grass. We decided not to go onto the beach, but to sit on the grass by the beach. We spread out the picnic mats, and made our buns, and sandwiches, and ate them. Some of us got juice from the Campbells! Some of the boys played with the ball, and some of us climbed trees. We were NOT allowed in the water, so we packed up, toileted, said good-bye, and left. I fell asleep on the 1 hour drive back to Auckland! I think I was very tired! When I woke up, my mouth was hanging open, with my head to one side, and my neck was very sore! I looked over the seat at Monique, who had the same position which I had just remedied myself from! Mum looked over her shoulder from the front, and grinned at me. I asked if I had slept, and she replied yes, which started a discussion about who had slept, and who had not. We arrived home, started unpacking after we found our animals. (Namely my kitten). Bianca came driving in a little while after. She kept saying that Addee had been so friendly while we were away. (Was she saying something?:) I suppose that's the end of our Wenderholm holiday.

Danielle

Comments

Popular Posts