What Have I Been up to?!

Well, the week before last, on Saturday morning, and 2:35am, my mum woke up Monique and me. "It's time," she said to me. Tired as I was, and groggy, I asked, "Is she pregnant?" Mum laughed. "I mean, is she in labour?" "Yes, can you get up please?" she asked. I answered, "Yes," and jumped out of bed, dressed, and was getting my things in order to go quickly, when the mum's husband rang again. "Are you on your way yet? It's very close." Mum answered quickly, and then said, "Just grab the things you have now, I can take other things later on." Monique and I recognised the urgency in her voice, and raced into the car. Dad came out as well, and said, "Just go. I'll close the gates, and lock the house." We said good-bye, and sped to the family's house. The parents were waiting in their car for us to arrive. "Doors unlocked?" "Good. Bye." We let them race away, and then we got to the house. We went inside, tiptoed around, dumping things into our room. Mum helped us, and then waited until we were almost in bed, then went home. Monique and I (eventually) fell asleep. Baby was born. So that's where I have been for a week, holding baby, and looking after kids, while helping to run the house, of course, Monique as well. We got home on Friday, and unpacked. I was given a whole Pavlova from the couple as a gift of appreciation! I'm just like, the reward is being here, (it really is a lot of fun), and holding baby! It felt like weeks since I'd been home. Just today, Bianca signed me up to learn dutch online for free! I started today, and am learning the basics.

Danielle

Comments

Popular Posts