Wenderholm Holiday:: Day 2

The morning of the first night at Wenderholm, I woke up early, but because it was sooooo cold, I lay in bed, and fell asleep several times before deciding to get up, for John Campbell was up. It was about 7:30am, and Monique and I sat talking in the common space with on the camping chairs with the Campbells up already. Rachel got up some time later, and I talked with her.

 We waited for a while for breakfast, and eventually the parents got up, and organised breakfast. I ate a left over fried egg of the Campbells' on bread, with baked beans for breakfast. We talked, had worship, and waited for Mrs Campbell, Claudia, Marion, and David.

Some of the little ones changed into their togs and played by the water at the campground, with Monique supervising. They had lots of fun, and I waded with Rachel.

We talked for a while when Mrs Campbell, Claudia, Marion, and David arrived, and Mum and Monique showed them around while I enjoyed baby David, he's very cute.

We had lunch, and then changed into our swimming togs, and left for the beach.

When we arrived, we all helped unload, dumped our things down on the grass for the adults, hung around for a little bit, and then raced down to the water, and went in up to my knees, and then I went back, got my body board, and then raced back down to the water, where we swam up to my chest, and we had crazy fun riding waves, talking, and just being in the water and spending quality time with friends. Sometime, we went back, ate chips, and lying on our sandy body boards and towels.
I was hoping to go back into the water, but we had to leave. I was a little disappointed, but I had enjoyed myself!

When we got back to the camp, us girls dealt with our salty hair, glasses, and face. We changed in the super cool toilets, that looked new, with bright red doors! Believe me, I though they were nice!


We had dinner and worship, and then played with the blow up dingy's that we had, playing that we were lost in the sea, could not see land, and then every time we caught a glimpse of something that could be land, we would be turned over by a huge wave. ( The operation of which hurt my arm, as I had to pull over the boat on my side!)

The boys had wanted to go fishing, so the girls were put up with the question of whether they wanted to go or to stay at the camp with the Mums.  All of the girls except for Maria and Laura went. We walked along the beach to a spot, where we set our things, and then the men and boys set up the rods with bait, and cast the lines out.

Diana, Rachel, and I dug seats in the sand while it was light. My seat was a hole in the ground with a little bench to sit on, while Diana's and Rachel's were similar ones that were simply a small oval like shallow hold in the ground, with built up arm rests and head rests.

When finished, most of us were taking turns holding the fishing rods, and walking back and forth to each person. I think we had about 8 fishing rods! We kept thinking we felt tugs, and sure enough when we reeled in the lines, the bait would be gone, and we would have seaweed, and shells on our lines.

Once when Mr. Campbell was holding his line, we were standing around, and then he was like, "Oh, I feel a tug! Yes! A very huge tug! Yes, I definitely have something big here!" We were all very excited at maybe finally getting at least one fish out of our whole fishing trip, so we were all waiting in suspense for a huge fish to come, when ......... all of a sudden, here comes a big bunch of seaweed, and shells. We all let out our breaths, and then laughed, but we were all very disappointed, and some of us girls were feeling a little discouraged. We left in the pitch dark, but it was only about 9pm.

Well, we arrived home, and then talked, brushed teeth, and the kids went to bed.  I got into bed with a blanket this time! And so I was not cold anymore! Yay!

Danielle

Comments

  1. i no it was so fun going to wender home to the beach and camping

    Diana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts